DABYA AW12 COLLECTION
Inspired by the deep colours of fine gemstones, Dabya FW12 shows the eveningwear designer again putting forward a coherent selection of designs that have taken the attention of The New York Times, Interview Magazine and Elle Russia.
In her third ready-to-wear collection, Dabya pays with deep luxurious tones of silk chiffon and her signature French lace detailing and puts together her best collection in her career and industry belief in her product has shown that she is truly on of the most significant rising stars of the Middle East.
“This collection is inspired by the bold energy of jewel stones representing the power of a woman and the softness and femininity of the silk chiffon which represents her delicate side. Being a woman of the region, I understand deeply how the GCC woman of today relates to the world around her and would like to be perceived. More and more we have the same sensibilities as women around the world and my collection speak to all women, empowering them to embrace both their strong and sensitive sides”, says Dabya.
Dabya is already know for making bold colour choices and pairing them with restrained detailing making her a unique regional designer as her dresses truly have an international appeal which is rapidly becoming realised. September issues internationally will see Dabya’s collection used by some of the world’s best stylists in New York and the Middle East and also note the release of her flagship concessions in 51 East in Doha and Galleries Lafayette in Dubai.
Dabya has made definite decisions in her journey thus far commenting, “I have said no to many opportunities to make sure that my collection has been correctly positioned for growth in the coming seasons. The quality of production and the international appeal of my designers mean that I never wanted to be limited to the Middle East market although I am extremely proud to be GCC national.”
Dabya is available for interviews and her press collection is available for borrowing from the 1st July 2012 for editorial shoots.
More on Dabya:
Born in Doha but raised internationally, Dabya embraces her Arabic heritage and combines it with an experience of global style and fashion. Her path as a designer has taken her from Doha to London, Paris, Hong Kong and Malaysia allowing her to experience different possibilities for sourcing fabrics and manufacturing her collection to the highest possible standards.
Key highlights of her career to date have included:
- Showing at DFW in October 2011 to acclaimed reviews from the international press including glowing reviews on Vogue Italia’s website.
- Usage in much key collaboration with international fashion directors (Louis Christopher & Ayaad Damouni) for fashion films.
- Dabya’s collection was used for a campaign and editorial in Vogue India with Jaipur Gems – the leading designer of Indian contemporary jewellery. She will also be collaborating with the jewellery house for their new campaign.
- Dabya was selected as the designer to collaborate with Estée Lauder on their Wood Mystique launch for the Middle Eastern market.
- Dabya has dressed celebrities such as Diala Maki for red carpet appearances.
- Key editorial placements in regional and international media and attention from stylists internationally - placements in The New York Times magazine, Elle Russia and Interview magazine coming out for the September issues.